First, I filled a sink with warm water and some baby soap.
I gently washed the covers and let them soak for five minutes.
While they were soaking I took some mirror pics to keep myself entertained. Always fun.
Next, I rinsed carefully rinsed the covers under running water.
Then, I mixed a little bit of lanolin in the jar with hot water.
I shook, shook, shook the jar. I danced around while shaking. D began to get sleepy. Yep, multitasking.
I then refilled the sink with warm water and put the diaper covers in. I poured the lanolin mixture on top and let the diapers soak for ten minutes. I threw the jar and lid for good measure, I figured more lanolin wouldn't hurt.
Duden fell asleep. I put him down for a nap.
After ten minutes, I drained the sink and rolled the diaper covers up in a towel.
Now, his longies are drying on a rack, waiting to be used!
I am so glad I found this diapering system. My next project is to make Duden a stash of fitted diapers to use under his wool covers. I am even playing with the idea of using upcycled t-shirts to make them. It could be cute! I think I'll go check out the thrift shop so I can get started!